Pre Treatment Instructions
- Do not take products containing aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin), Naprosyn (Aleve), Vitamin E, or any medication containing these drugs for 1 to 2 weeks before and after the procedure without consulting with your physician, as they will promote bleeding and bruising. You may take Tylenol for mild discomfort.
- Please follow the specific instructions provided by the physician for all currently prescribed medications.
- Other medications to avoid 1-2 weeks before treatment: decongestants with pseudoephedrine, diet pills, and herbal formulas.
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco for one week before and one week after surgery.
- Please make arrangements with our office to purchase your surgical bodysuit, please contact Janet at 818-602-8574 to purchase. IF you are purchasing the bodysuit on your own, Email a picture of bodysuit to PureLipo@aol.com one week before surgery for Dr. Milstein to approve.
- Be sure to fill all prescriptions BEFORE treatment. Start your antibiotic 2 HOURS before your procedure.
***PLEASE BRING ALL MEDICATIONS PRESCRIBED TO THE OFFICE ON THE DAY OF SURGERY. IF MEDICATIONS ARE NOT BROUGHT TO OFFICE ON DAY OF SURGERY A FEE OF $100.00 WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR SURGERY FEE***
Ativan Vicodin Keflex Phenergan
CLEANSING AND CLOTHING:
- Please shower using Hibiclens the day before and the morning of treatment
- Purchase additional absorbent padding (Always Maxi-pads)
- There is usually a lot of drainage of slightly blood-tinged anesthetic solution after treatment that may stain clothing. We suggest you choose clothing that is machine washable, loose and comfortable in order to accommodate the bulky dressings used post-treatment.
- Please do not wear jewelry, perfume, make-up, or body lotion on the day of treatment (deodorant is okay). Do not bring valuables such as wallets and purses.
- Arrange to have someone drive you home after treatment. It is essential that someone stay with you the first night after treatment. Bring a towel and plastic sheeting to use in the car on the ride home.
- Protect your bed and chairs from drainage stains by covering them with towels placed over a plastic sheet.
- Diet before treatment: Please eat a HIGH PROTEIN meal before your surgery
DAY OF SURGERY CHECKLIST (Please mark once completed):
Bring ALL four medications prescribed to the office on the day of surgery.
Bring surgical bodysuit to the office on the day of surgery or make arrangements with staff to have your bodysuit there on day of surgery. Please wear loose dark clothing day of surgery.